The Play Date Cafe

Sunday 27 November 2011

It seems only fitting




I made this card today for my friend who will be 50 next month. I saw
the sketch relating to Sketch Saturday's week 13 challenge and decided
to use that as my inspiration. Apologies for the awful photograph. It
looks rather grainy but I am pleased with the card as it looks in real
life. I used a large square Kraft card as my base. The papers are all
from a set called Ella Blue which I was too afraid to cut up for ages.
I have used Spellbinders dies to cut them out. The dress form and sentiment
stamps are from a Stampin Up set. The ribbon and lace which I inked with a
Promarker are from my stash and I finished the card
off with a tiny gem and a pearly hatpin which I stabbed my
finger with before I managed to anchor it into place...luckily I did not
bleed onto the card.....that would have been frustrating after it took so long
to make. I would love some advice....as I said this card is for a 50th
birthday but I am loathe to stick numbers on it but what do you think?

3 comments:

Beryl K said...

Lovely card Denise, not sure what to advise about the number, it didn't bother me but I know it does some folk
Beryl x

Susie Little said...

Fabulous card! Thank you for playing along at Sketch Saturday!xx

BrossArtAddiction said...

Lovely card! Thanks for joining us this week at Sketch Saturday and Good luck! :D

Hugz & TFS,
xx Tracey/SS-DT xx

Honey

Honey