The Play Date Cafe

Sunday 13 November 2011

Cranes



I am entering the above card into this week's Play Date Cafe challenge - black & white with a splash of orange.  I stamped the background in Memento black ink using Clarity Stamps' large swirl.  The cranes were stencilled onto a piece of white card using the same ink and matted onto a piece of orange cardstock, which started out as a piece of white card I inked and stamped up using versamark and two shades of orange ink so a bit of a waste as not much is visible.  The black and white frame was cut from a piece of DCWV patterned paper.  One layer of the daisies was punched from the same orange piece of card and the other from a scrap of patterned paper, finished off with sticky gems.  The sentiment is by Hero Arts.

8 comments:

Beryl K said...

Very striking card, I love it
Beryl x

Jennifer said...

Wow..striking card! Love the patterned paper xx Jenny xx

kingstonmama said...

Pretty card. Those cranes are lovely and I like the touches of orange. Thanks for visiting my blog! :) Ann

Sarah-Jane said...

Beautiful, a very elegant creation. xx

Stacy said...

Fabulous card, I love the little flowers on this one. Thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe!

Michele Gross said...

Very pretty! Thanks for playing at The Play Date Cafe!

Neet said...

A very striking card. I love the use of the orange as an accent. Elegant!

Magic Flying Boots said...

This is so beautiful and elegant. I really love this style of card.

Jen

Honey

Honey