Monday, 31 May 2010
I think it has taken me longer to photograph this card than it did to make! That's a slight exaggeration but I am hopeless at photography. I did try to scan it but it's too dimensional because of the flowers. Here is my card for the Play Date Cafe Colour Challenge 31.
I used another of my favourite stamps on this card and coloured the little girl image with Promarkers. The paper is Laura Ashley and the flowers I have had for years.
Here is my latest card which is a last minute entry for the Passion for Promarkers Anniversary Challenge. This stamp is one of my favourites and I always enjoy colouring it in, though this is the first time I have used Promarkers. The backing paper is Laura Ashley with Distress Ink Tattered Rose round the edge.
Monday, 24 May 2010
I made this card over the weekend and although it is primarily for a friend's birthday, I am also entering it into the Stamp Something - 2 of something challenge.
The stamps I have used here are from a great set by Non Sequitur and I coloured the lady image with Promarkers.
I used 2 types of ribbon and 2 pieces of Coredinations cardstock. The gold ribbon was recycled from a gift and the gorgeous multicoloured sari ribbon is from Paddy's Stamping Place. I really love the rich colours and got a huge skein of ribbon for not a lot of money....perfect!
The deep turquoise card stock was embossed using the paisley Cuttlebug folder, then sanded and highlighted with Ranger Perfect Pearls in Gold. The mat behind the image was simply torn from gold coloured Coredinations and sponged with Stazon Pumpkin ink. I used a brush to apply the same Stazon ink shade plus Nick Bantok Rose Madder to my base card before stamping the sentiment in Stazon Teal. The wording at the top of the card was finished with a coating of Ranger Sepia Accents.
Finally, although it does not show up well in the scan, I have also used gilding flakes at the top of my card and above the stamped stars. I hope my friend manages to look at this without her shades as it is rather vibrant....I do love colour though!
Monday, 17 May 2010
I was amazed to receive some nice comments on my previous card as I imagined my blogging pals would have thought I'd dropped off the face of the earth, so thanks, it was a nice surprise! Here is a card I made yesterday for the latest Colour Create Challenge.
I decided to dig out the Cuttlebug and a flower die I bought ages ago but had never used. It was fun trying out the endless combinations after cutting out the various shapes and colours. I have used the stamp before but cannot recall the manufacturer.
Saturday, 15 May 2010
I am seriously shocked to see that this is my first blog post for 8 months...where has the time gone!!!!!! Speaking of time I hardly ever seem to have the opportunity to craft these days but I decided mid week that I would definitely get my craft gear out and make something this weekend.
This morning as I turned on the PC I remembered the fun I used to have entering challenges and so, inspired by Rainbow Lady's beautiful butterfly card, I came up with this magic slider card which uses Joanna Sheen's wild rose fairy stamp set.
The image was stamped twice; once onto acetate with Stazon and then onto cardstock with Memento black ready for colouring with pro-markers.
As the challenge was to use ocean shades of blue and green plus an initial I grabbed several blue and green inkpads (Versacolor pigment and Adirondack dye) and set to work stippling the various shades onto my white card blank. I then inked up the rose stamp from the wild rose fairy set with mid blue Versacolor to make the frame and finished it with off with an inner section coloured and stamped with dark blue inks.
I used some of the leftover card pieces to punch out daisies and layered them up across the bottom of the frame, adding four cream dried flowers for contrast (I'm sure they have a name but I'm no botanist). I have had those flowers for donkeys' years, so long in fact it's a wonder they haven't disintegrated!
I think the little round letter embellishment is by Doodlebug and again I've had those for a very long time (the 'g' is the initial of the recipient). The plastic was pink so I coloured it with turquoise permanent marker and the last stage was to set an eyelet into the pull tab and add a punched daisy and some dark blue organza ribbon.
I really enjoyed getting covered in ink and won't admit to how long it took me to make the card! That was partly due to being out of practice and also because I made a total hash of my first attempt due to assembling it all wrong so it didn't even slide.....we live and learn!