The Play Date Cafe

Friday 4 June 2010

CD Sunday Feathered Friends Challenge


This is my card for the CD Sunday Feathered Friends Challenge.  The CD element comes in the form of the gorgeous backing paper from Joanna Sheen's Eastern Treasures CD Rom which is rather lovely.  The swan and cygnet image is a photo I took, appropriately enough, last Sunday during a dog walk to a local lake.  Those cygnets are adorable, it was a beautiful sight. 

I have also used stamps from an American Crafts set on my card.  The tiny birds were stamped onto blue plastic, the flowers stamped in black onto blue and red cardstock.  The tassel behind the stamped sentiment is also from Joanna Sheen's store.  I used my Nestabilities label dies on the image and mat and placed white feathers behind.  This was a good opportunity to dig out my craft CDs and actually use them as opposed to oohing and aahing over the lovely images and never getting round to actually printing and using them! 

6 comments:

Beryl said...

The bp is gorgeous - I really must try to find it on the CD. The photo is lovely too and how satisfying it must be to use an image you have taken yourself. Super card.
Beryl xx

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,I love the swans.Thank you so much for sharing this with us at CD Sunday.xxx

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

That's lovely Denise - smashing image and the feathers set it off well. Thanks for joining the CD Sunday Challenge this week.

Rainbow Lady said...

This is so perfect I love it. The photo is super and the backing paper delightful. Thanks for joining us this week Love Cynthia x

starcyl said...

Such a lovely card and so nice to be able to include one of your own photographs. Thanks for joining in with us at CD Sunday this week, hope to see you next week too!

Jenny x

Jane's Blogs said...

I like this alot.

Jane xx

Honey

Honey