The Play Date Cafe

Wednesday 8 December 2010

Red & White snow scene WMSC26




















This is my entry for the latest Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge and I hope the friend I have made it for doesn't see this picture before the postie arrives with the card!  All the stamps used are by Waltzingmouse (from the Nutcracker Sweet and Asian Gardens sets).  I used Barn Door distress ink to colour the upper section of my card base (applied with an ink duster brush) and lots of glitter for the snow.  The tree has snowflakes instead of leaves with clear gems in the centre of each and I just added dotty red ribbon to the sentiment tag, white lace and a red bow to the top of the card.  It was fun to do and I may make some more Christmas cards along the same lines.

11 comments:

Stella said...

Wow; this is such a gorgeous take on the challenge. It has something serene but also elegance and chic. I love it! Your tree is stunning!

Crafting Queen said...

Great card, love the red!!! Thank you so much for your comment, my sister is recovering well so far. Hugs Anesha

Sandy said...

Wow this is simply beautiful Denise.
Elegant card.

Heidi said...

Oh this is gorgeous!
Beautiful colours and design.
Thank you for your sweet comment:)
Have a nice day!

Chrissie said...

What a gorgeous card Denise! I love your CAS style of crafting.
Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog sweetie.

Julia Aston said...

I just love your tree and the pretty birds! thanks for playing with the WMS sketch this week Denise!

Anne Marie Hile said...

I just love this! Beautiful snow scene with the rich, red background. The ribbon is a perfect accent and did you cut out those tiny birds?? Just beautiful! :)

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card! That BG is stunning and the dimensional snow looks fabulous! Thanks for playing along with the WMSC :)

Deborah Frings said...

Wonderful!! I love the non-traditional snow scene - it really works!!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Wonderful scene! Love the sparkle!

Inkyfingers said...

I love this card Denise. The background, tree and glitter snow work together perfectly.

Hugs
Carol x

Honey

Honey