The Play Date Cafe

Friday 24 October 2008

Initial Reaction


Here is a card I made for the latest Caarvarks challenge which was to make a monogram themed card. My base card has been embossed with Cuttlebug leaves and branches folders. The leaves are also cut and embossed with the Cuttlebug. The main images are stamped with birds from Elusive Images and a tree stamp I cannot remember the name of. I used various Ranger, Stampin Up and Sticky Fingers spray inks on both the cardstock and the chipboard letter B. I matted the birds onto a piece of turquoise mirricard and mounted it to the base card with foam pads after glueing on a strip of torn inked and stamped cardstock. Finally I threaded natural raffia through the We R Memory Keepers eyelets then added 2 large eyelets and one bradlet to the bottom of my card.


14 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Great card, love how you used the different stamps on your main image.

Annie said...

Beautiful card - such detail it keeps you looking at it for ages.

Ann xxx

Chrissie said...

I really like this Den, I'm a bit of a sucker for "collagey" cards and I love the colours you've used too.

Cazz said...

Stunning card hun xx well done you x

Ann Whitfield said...

Fabulous card Denise. I love all the elements, but your bird panel is exquisite!
Ann x

Suzanne said...

Wonderful - beautiful work I could go on
Love the design elements
Thanks for sharing
Suzanne

lauren bergold said...

WOW! what an amazingly sophisticated and detailed card! i could stare at it forever...& STILL have no idea *HOW* you did it all!!! :)

SmilynStef said...

How fun is that sprayed and stamped background ... wonderful card.

Sandy said...

Wow this is fantastic.
Really great card. Love them.

Monica Gale said...

Beautiful and so very unusual. Hugs Monica xx

Jamie Martin said...

This card is beautiful! Love everything about it :)

Phree said...

Beautiful card, love the layered stamping.

Beryl said...

Terrific card Denise. The birds stamps with the tree make a great scene.
Beryl xx

Shirley said...

Just lovely! I am crazy about the birds and your wonderful embellishments!

Honey

Honey