The Play Date Cafe

Sunday 13 January 2008

Me and My Shadow!!


I haven't had time to take part in the Daring Cardmakers' weekly challenge several for weeks now and decided I would have a look on Friday and take part no matter what the theme was....luckily it was an interesting challenge which I enjoyed very much (to make 2 cards using the same embellishments but with different wording). Here's my attempt...a birthday and a get well card. For the cards I brayered Kaleidoscope inks onto glossy A4, cut and folded the blanks. The images are stamped with my new Tilda onto flesh, pink, blue and yellow paper then cut and pieced. I made 2 tags from cream card added eyelets and threaded multi pastel yarn through, then mounted the stamped images using 3D foam. I wrote the greetings on a couple of blue bubble stickers and finished the cards off with a blue and pink gem. I have had the rainbow inkpad for a while but this is the first time I have used it and was pleasantly surprised by the result.


11 comments:

Annie said...

they are both lovely, and lots of cutting out for the Tilda images! You've reminded me I have a brayer somewhere in my stash too!

Juliet said...

These are beautiful, your paper piecing is fabulous and the way you created the background.

Andrea, said...

2 gorgeous cards

Rainbow Lady said...

Lovely cards Den. Yes I too have a brayer not used very often, must get it out again. I love the backgrounds with the rainbow colours but I would wouldn't I?
Love Cynthia x

Anonymous said...

They're both fab!! :)
Vanessa.

Unknown said...

Great cards, What a lovely image you have used

Jilli said...

Fab cards, soo cute!

Jo said...

Such pretty cards!

Jane's Blogs said...

You have done a fabulous job with this challenge. Excellent work.

Dawn Wheeler said...

Gorgeous ,realy cute ,Dawnx

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

two really great cards. i love the idea behind it too!

Honey

Honey